This following discloses the general operations, returns and privacy policies for The Social School Inc. and https://members.socialschool.io.
We are deeply committed to providing the utmost convenience, security and peace of mind to Social School students and clientele when purchasing or paying for our services, both in person and online.
Our payment terms and policies are as follows:
- Payment Gateway: We utilize the reputable, secure and PCI Compliant services of Authorize.net, owned by VISA, as the gateway between our website shopping cart and our payment processor.
- Payment Processor: We utilize the reputable, secure and PCI Compliant services of Calgary, AB-based Helcim to process all credit card payments made in person and online.
- Data Storage: We do not, and nor do our payment service providers listed above, store, share, or have access to your credit card data at any point during or after your transaction with Social School, either online or in person.
- Accepted payment types: We are grateful for your business, honoured to work with you, and happy to accept payment via credit card (VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover), secure e-transfer or cheque.
We make every effort to ensure Social School students and clientele are deeply satisfied with their decision to work with us and the products and services we provide. We do, however, understand that occasionally the need for an event ticket refund or course purchase cancellation arises.
Our refund policy is as follows:
- Live events, conferences, classes, workshops and webinars (online and on campus): Refund requests received fourteen (14) or more days in advance of the live event will be honoured. Within the 14-day window, we have printed your name badge, secured your materials, reserved your limited seat and turned away other potential customers, and are thus unable to offer a refund. Unlike most live programs, conferences and events where all sales are final, we work our hardest to accommodate you within reasonable grounds, and our 14-day policy aims to support our valued clientele as much as possible.
- Custom workshops, speaking presentations, keynote sessions and corporate events: Refund and/or cancellation requests received thirty (30) or more days in advance will be honoured. Within the 30-day window, we have begun developing your custom event content and materials, secured staff requirements and equipment, and are thus unable to offer a refund.
- Self-Guided Online courses and certificate programs: As our self-guided courses and certificate programs are immediately made available to you within your custom course dashboard in their entirety upon purchase, thus granting you full access to all course videos, downloads, appendices and proprietary course materials that we have spent decades building and refining, we are unable to offer a refund. These courses are available for you to access for a full twelve (12) months, and we are more than happy to offer our support as you move through them at any time, either by email, phone or our social channels.
- Guided Online certificate programs: As our Guided Online programs feature a set start date, where course content is delivered in a ‘drip’ fashion on specific dates rather than all at once as above, refund requests received fourteen (14) or more days in advance of the program start date will be honoured. Within the 14-day window, we have prepared your customized course correspondence and support, reserved your limited place in the program and turned away other potential customers, and thus, are unable to offer a refund.
Information Collection, Use and Sharing
Social School is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to information that you voluntarily give us via email, browsing our website or other direct contact from you. We will never, under any circumstance, sell or rent this information to anyone.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to tell you about Social School events, products and services, or changes to these policies.
Image Consent Policy
By participating in and/or attending any live Social School event, class, workshop or conference, we assume you to have provided consent for your image and/or voice to be collected, used and reproduced by Social School, its suppliers, sponsors and students who may be posting to social media or other digital and physical platforms live onsite or upon completion of the event.
By entering the event premises, you release Social School and all persons involved in the event from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, video and/or audio footage.
Further, you waive all rights to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with the publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose and irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged, as well as the right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by Social School or its partners, suppliers, students or event attendees prior to its publication.
If you do not wish to be recorded via photography, video or audio footage at the event, please email hello @ socialschool.io in advance, or let our registration staff know upon arrival so that we can accommodate your request. If you have any questions about the collection, use or reproduction of these records by Social School, please contact hello @ socialschool.io.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. You can do the following by contacting us via the email address hello @ socialschool.io, or (800) 825-0356. You may also, at any time, request access to and/or execute the following:
- See what data we have about you, if any
- Change/correct any data we have about you on file
- Have us delete any data we have about you on file
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via our website, your information is protected both online and offline. We also take great caution to protect your email address and will never share it with any third-party sites or organizations.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. Your contact record with us does not, under any circumstance, expose your credit card data to us.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to enter your username and password more than once, should you choose that option, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time to time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as postal code and digital marketing-related interests). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We also have developed an ongoing email newsletter service. If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from our email list, simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the bottom of the email, or email us directly at hello @ socialschool.io with the headline “Unsubscribe from Mailing List”.
If you feel that we are not abiding by any of the above policies, please contact us immediately via telephone at (800) 825-0356 or email at hello @ socialschool.io.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the above policies, please reach out to hello @ socialschool.io at any time.
We greatly look forward to working with you, and value your business to the utmost level.
Team Social School